- 1 1/2 cups white rice (I think short grain works best)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups chicken broth (or water + bouillon)
- 1 8-oz can of tomato sauce
- 1-2 diced tomatoes
- 1 diced medium onion
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- Salt, Pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon coriander (optional)
- diced hot peppers (optional)
- bell pepper, diced (optional)
- 1 pound cooked chicken, diced (optional)
The optional ingredients really just depend on what you have on hand, and what your preferences are.
To make Arroz con Pollo, just add about a pound of cooked chicken, diced. I like to make my broth by boiling the chicken before making the rice, but you can also just use canned chicken.
Serve with just about anything Mexican - enchiladas, fajitas, tacos, flautas, etc. Goes really well as something to add to a bowl of tortilla soup.